This Privacy Statement sets out Infolio’s policy with respect to the way in which we obtain, use and disclose information about you, including through our website and is bound by the National Privacy Principles set out in Schedule 3 of the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (“the Act”). We understand and appreciate that you are concerned about privacy, particularly in relation to the use and disclosure of Personal Information. We are committed to providing a high level of privacy in relation to all Personal Information that is collected by us.
By communicating with us or by continuing to request our services, you consent to the practices described in this Statement. You can also consent by visiting our website and participating in an on-line inquiry.
The information presented on this website, including any accompanying DVD (“the Information”), is educational and general and it should not be construed as specific investment recommendations or advice. You, the reader or viewer, should seek personal advice from a licensed financial services provider as to the suitability or otherwise of the information to your individual situation before you make any financial decision.
The laws relating to investment, taxation, benefits and the handling of money, and their interpretation and implementation by government authorities, are constantly changing and while every care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the Information; Infolio Corp, its employees or agents give no guarantee as to the accuracy and/or completeness of the Information and accept no responsibility or liability (which is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law) for any action taken by you on the basis of the Information. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Cameron Deal, Infolio Corp make no representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the results to be obtained by you from the use of the Information.
For the purposes of this Statement “Personal Information” is information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
The types of information generally collected by Infolio include your name, address, mobile and telephone numbers, facsimile number and email address. Personal Information may be collected as follows:
- When you make a general or specific telephone enquiry
- When you engage us or discuss engaging us to provide services or advice to you
- When you negotiate with us in respect of purchasing or renting a property
- When you provide to us or we collect your business card
- When you visit our website and complete an on line enquiry or a registration form for the purpose of accessing certain services on that website.
- When you send an email to us
- Any other collection of or incidental or directly or indirectly related to the services we may be able to provide to you.
Through our website, we can only obtain such information if you send an email message and complete an online inquiry.
When you look at our website, we may make a record of your visit. The following information may be logged for statistical purposes:
- Your Internet protocol (IP) address;
- The date and time of your visit to the site;
- The pages you have accessed and documents downloaded; and
- The type of browser you were using. Any such statistical analysis does not identify you.
Any Personal Information that we coiled will be used and disclosed by us so that we can provide you with the services that you have requested or otherwise to enable us to carry out our functions as professional real estate agents, including at any time selling our real estate business.
You specifically authorise that the following disclosures of your Personal Information may be made by us:
- Disclosures of or incidental to promotion and marketing to you of our services or those of our business partners or affiliates and/or seeking potential clients
- Disclosures to media organisations, on the internet, to potential buyers or to existing or potential clients, to property inspection consultants, to owners corporations, to government and statutory bodies, financial institutions or financial products and services providers
- Disclosures to third party consultants who may from time to time manage our database or computer system
- Disclosures to potential tenants, to trades people and to other sources of or incidental to acting for a landlord
- Disclosures to the landlord, referees, other agents and third party operators of tenancy reference databases particularly where a tenant has failed to comply with any contractual obligations specified in the relevant tenancy agreement and to other sources necessary to identify and evaluate a potential tenant
- Disclosures as required by law or as permitted by the Act
- Any other disclosure of or incidental to our carrying out our functions as professional real estate agents including at any stage negotiating a sale of our business.
You acknowledge where we reasonably determine it to be appropriate, we may add such of your Personal Information including your name, address, mobile and telephone numbers, facsimile number and email address to our database or any of our related companies’ databases. The databases will be used for ongoing marketing and sales related purposes or to advise you of the other services we or our business partners or affiliates can offer. If we elect to retain such Personal Information, you have our commitment to your privacy.
The type of marketing and sales activities that we undertake includes forwarding material to you so that you are kept updated in relation to various property related issues or other services we can offer you. If at any time you do not wish to continue receiving this information, we provide an “opt-out” procedure in each communication to you.
We do not and will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your prior consent where that consent is required by law. You do, however, consent to our use and disclosure of your Person Information of or incidental to a sale of our business to a third party or where we outsource duties, including database management to an external service provider for purposes of rendering the required services.
You acknowledge our use and disclosure of Personal Information collected prior to 21 December 2001 is only subject to some parts of the Act and we may separately quarantine this category of Personal Information.
When emailing Personal Information to us, or providing us that information via our website, please be aware that there are risks involved in transmitting such information across the Internet. Our website contains line to other website. We have no control over and take no responsibility for the privacy practices employed at other websites.
We have secured our website using industry standard technology. However, we cannot provide any guarantee with respect to ” security of your Personal Information and we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the website being linked to the Internet.
In each direct marketing communication that you receive from us we will endeavour to attach simple instructions on how you can immediately unsubscribe from our mailing list. In any event, you can opt out from receiving direct marketing material by email our Privacy Officer and asking to be removed from the mailing list. Alternatively, you can fax or mail a request asking for deletion. Our contact details are set out below. There is no fee due to us for any such deletion.
Our Privacy Officer will ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you wish to view the Personal Information we hold about you, please send your request by email to her or by mail or fax to the contact details at the end of this Statement. A fee may apply for such access. If we deny your request for access, we will let you know why.
If you wish to amend that information because it is out of date or incorrect, or if you wish your Personal Information to be deleted from our database, please contact our Privacy Officer. You should also contact our Privacy Officer if any of your personal details change and we will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the information is up-to-date.
Infolio uses all reasonable endeavours to secure any Personal Information that we hold about you and to keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your Personal Information is stored behind industry standard firewalls and where applicable, protected by user names and passwords.
From time to time we may decide to amend or update this Statement. When this occurs, we will post any changes on the website. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement so that you remain informed as to how Infolio is protecting your Personal Information.
Infolio welcomes your questions and comments regarding this Statement. If you have any suggestions as to how we may improve our Privacy Statement, or if you are of the view we have not adhered to this Statement, please let us know.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.